Hi everyone I used the latest harvest of the Lime tree to make these bars with a Vodka kick. It’s quick and yummy.
Have a great day everyone!
- 490 g Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 170 g Butter, softened
- 150 g Granulated sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 60 ml Absolut Vodka
- Juice and zest of 2 medium sized Limes
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans. Line with parchment paper, and grease paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the citrus zest and juice.
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing just until combined. Mix in half of the combined juice. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the juice, ending with the flour. Mix just until combined.
- Spread evenly and smooth the top. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.