I hope everyone has a fantastic day! I am off on an adventure and I will write when I can. I leave you with a delicious, nutty and rich torte recipe.
I was not able to write this post in detail like I wanted but alas. Although torte are generally difficult to make this is a relatively easier one.
Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Torte
For the Torte:
160 g Dark Chocolate, chopped
160 g Butter
5 Eggs, separated
165 g Castor Sugar
125 g Hazelnut Meal
50 g Hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
35 g Dark Chocolate, grated
For the Dark Chocolate Ganache:
125 g Dark Chocolate, chopped
100 ml Cream
- Preheat oven to 180º C. Grease two 22cm cake pans. Stir chopped chocolate and butter in a saucepan on low heat until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy; stir in the chocolate mixture, hazelnut meal, hazelnuts and the grated chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the peaks into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pans and bake for 45 minutes. Let the cake stand for 15 minutes and turn onto a wire rack.
- Ganache: Stir the ingredients in a saucepan over a low flame until smooth.
- Slice the torte and spread the ganache over the torte.