I love chocolate, nuts and cupcakes!
For the Chocolate Cake Base:
(makes 10 – 12 cupcakes)
- 90 g plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 135 g brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 120 ml milk, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 100 g Hazelnuts, chopped
For the Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting :
- 225 g cream cheese, softened
- 150 g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 100 g Hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 180 (C). Beat the butter, salt, brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder beating until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
- Add the egg and beat well, scraping any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Slowly pour the milk into the flour mixture, beating well until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Spoon the batter into paper cases until two-thirds full and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when touched. Let the cupcakes cool.
- For the chocolate cream cheese frosting: Add the cream cheese, melted chocolate and vanilla extract, beating with until smooth. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, until the frosting is smooth. Frost the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle the top of each cupcake with the toasted Hazelnuts.