The last month hasn’t been the best for me but as usual baking kept me going. Usually I don’t blog about air pollution and their relation to allergies and diseases , I am going to make an exception this once since I like millions of other people get severely affected mentally and physically EVERY YEAR and it isn’t getting any better. We have to take charge people! Our lives, our food supply all depends on the environment and we cannot afford to throw it away.
Thank you for staying with me on that, here’s a recipe for a Lemon Cheesecake.
- 300 g Hob Nobs,crushed (or any plain digestive biscuits)
- 100 g Butter, melted.
- Juice and zest of 3 Lemons
- 375 g cream cheese
- 190 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line your springform tin or prepare a tray with a mousse ring.
- Mix the ground biscuits and butter in a bowl. Transfer the mixture to your tin, pressing it down well. Bake for 5 minutes at 180C, then remove and cool.
- Place the cream cheese in bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the caster sugar, beating until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the lemon juice and zest. Pour cheese mixture over biscuit bases.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until just set. Open oven door and allow to cool completely in switched-off oven.