Wow! I did not know that this was possible, I mean I thought about it but then I thought I was nuts :D. So, a Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cheesecake tastes pretty much like the ice-cream form in the start but then you realize you are eating a cheesecake when you put two and two together.I had a lot of fun making this and I guarantee if you try this you WILL have fun.It’s just one those things that seem bizarre at first but then it just amazes you, in this case,the taste.
Technically you are supposed to used chocolate cookies for the base but I could not find any and I DID NOT have time or patience to make my own, okay okay, I had time but I didn’t feel like it. So,I used chocolate creamy biscuits which you are to be used in the filling.
For the base you just crush the biscuits ( preferably chocolate cookies ) and add some melted butter and mix. Now, be careful about the amount of butter you add as adding too much will make it to sticky and will taste very buttery. And you might want to refrigerate it for a bit, as the butter is already is hot and melted and adding more heat to it will make it lets say, leak out. Before you start putting the base in SPRAY THE TIN from every angle so that your thing doesn’t stick and/or crack your cheesecake when it’s baked.
I’m making the filling and cracking the eggs one by one, and at the third egg goes and sinks and makes a funny like thing 😀
While whipping and whipping the cream-cheese and the sugar. I attained stiff peaks! and I prefer to mix by hand and not by a mixer.
Then for the cookie bit we chop up the biscuits roughly.
So, just put in the filling on the cooked base wait, I didn’t mention to cook the base did I ? well you cook the base and let it cool and pour the filling on top and bake it. That’s the final product below and as you can see the biscuit bits in the cheesecake.
I know the base is a little bit to thick but that is how I like it.
The recipe ..
- 250g packet Arnott’s Choc Ripple biscuits, halved
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 x 250g packets cream cheese, chopped, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g cream-filled chocolate biscuits, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm (base) springform pan. Process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture over base and side of prepared pan. Refrigerate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make filling: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined. Foldi chopped biscuits through mixture. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Place pan on a baking tray.
- Step 3Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until just set (cheesecake will wobble slightly in centre). Turn off oven. Cool cheesecake in oven for 3 hours with door ajar. Refrigerate overnight. Serve.