Going savory !!
Another wonderful and simple food recipe.The capsicum is stuffed with spiced cottage cheese and peas and tomato baked and served with yogurt and spice crusted potatoes which are also baked.It took it’s own sweet time to cook but made a filling and tasty dinner.The only problem was that there was too much oil.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil ( TIP: try using less and if you need more add more)
- ¼ tsp each mustard seed and turmeric
- 1 tsp each cumin seeds, paprika, ground coriander and ground cumin
- 225g paneer cheese, cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g frozen peas , defrosted
- 1 tomato , diced
- 2 Romano peppers (i used bell and regular peppers)
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, turmeric and cumin seeds, and cook until the mustard seeds start to pop. Add the paprika, ground coriander, ground cumin and ½ tsp black pepper with the paneer, and stir-fry until a light golden colour, about 3-4 mins.
- Add the peas and tomato with some salt. Cook for 5 mins more until the tomatoes have softened to a pulp-like texture, then remove from the heat.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut a slit in the peppers from top to bottom, but leaving 3-4cm intact at each end. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds then stuff the peppers with the paneer mix. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 10-12 mins until the peppers have blistered and browned lightly.
For the yogurt and spice crusted potatoes
- 500g baking potatoes , quartered
for the marinade:
- 250 g yogurt
- 1 large green or red chilli , finely chopped
- small piece ginger , grated
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp gram or plain flour
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and ground cumin (TIP: if you like your food spicy add more spice as some of the spices will be absorbed in the baking process)
- Cover the potatoes with lots of cold water in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer for 4 mins. Drain and leave until cool.
- Grease a baking tray. Mix together all the marinade ingredients with a pinch of salt, ensuring they’re well combined. Dip potatoes in the marinade, making sure they’re well coated, then place on the baking tray. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place baking tray in the oven and cook potatoes for 20 mins, until browned and crisp.