MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!
The first time I made these brownies they were so popular that the next 2 times I always made two batches each time!
They are super easy and good for taking for your friends’ Christmas party!
The Frosting has also beer in it folks!!! Booze + brownies + frosting + more booze = PERFECTION!
We had a nice little photoshoot for these brownies because they deserved it! Also please ignore my weird hand in the video.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Spread the cheer and remember to pay it forward. Small acts of kindness go a long way, longer than we know or realize.
250ml dark beer
113g unsalted butter
50g + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
100g + 2 tbsp castor sugar
50g dark chocolate
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
85g unsalted butter
100g icing sugar
- First, make the beer concentrate: add the beer to a small saucepan and boil until it reduces to 1/3 cup. It will take about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it to prevent boiling-over.
- Preheat the oven to 325, and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and unsweetened chocolate (if using). Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Let the mixture cool for 1 minute. Stir in 4 tablespoons of the beer concentrate, the egg white, vanilla and salt.
- Finally, stir in the flour and stir for 50 strokes to incorporate and activate the gluten in the flour.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. It’s done when the surface is dry and a toothpick inserted has only moist crumbs sticking to it. Let cool.
- Once the brownies are cool, make the frosting: beat together the softened butter and powdered sugar until combined.
- Beat in the remaining beer concentrate (1 tablespoon). Frost the brownies and serve.